A reflective mood

Sometimes I feel frankly quite mad- this week has already been a busy one, with a working bank holiday, and half term activities to cover. 
Buried under a mound of sticky notes in the office, I feel like I have a million and one things to remember for the next few weeks. 
Today I had a very busy day- not even managing to get into the office with all my jobs, and I didn't even get a chance to stop for lunch.
First stop- a lovely Nursery in Dalwood- The Folly Nursery, an interview with a Devon County councillor about the purchase of the old Dalwood school and then had a surprise job, when I was asked by a colleague to go to Honiton (which turned out to be a tricky one, when he gave me the wrong directions!)
Next a quick stop in Ottery St Mary, then on to Beer, then to Seaton, then to the Donkey Sanctuary and then to Sidmouth... 
All in a hard days work! But an enjoyable one at that. 

Today, driving about on my own in the sunshine has been a reflective time. Time for me to have lots of thinking space whilst driving around pretty much half of East Devon!
I wouldn't say I am a soppy person, nor would I say that I am particularly a hard nut- I like to say I am sensitive, and sentimental. Quite often you can bumble round your everyday life, and a day turns into a week, weeks turn into months, and months into years.. and suddenly you think, what an earth have I done in the past year.

So today, I thought I would note 10 of my most memorable and important things that have happened in the past year from June to June. :) 

1. The 'single, strong minded stubborn me' found a boyfriend and hasn't managed to scare him off in the first few months.We will celebrate our 1 year anniversary on Jay's birthday- great when he gets presents, so should I ;)
2. I graduated in my FDA and got a first (and I got to wear a stupid gown and parade through Exeter looking like a wally.)
3. I've progressed in my job and have managed to look after a massive patch all by myself, even conquering front pages
4. I now understand local government, and can go to a council meeting without feeling a)sick, b)worried or c)completely confused and lost
5. I crashed my car, and am still waiting for an insurance claim to come through where some tosser driving a BMW is gonna rinse me for all my dollar
6. In the mean time, I sold the above damaged car and financed a new one (which unfortunately for me, has parking sensors- so now when I fail to parallel park, everybody in the neighbourhood knows.)
7. I visited one of my favourite cities in the world- Amsterdam and had an amazing time


Numbers 8,9 and 10 are dedicated to  three proud moments linked to three of my most special, oldest friends


8. My oldest friend in the world, Camilla asked me to be her bridesmaid :) - honoured and excited is an understatement

9. Jess, (The girl who I have called my husband since Year 7) invited me to her passing out parade and I cried!

10. Keri had a beautiful baby boy named Marley and I became, Aunty Lu Lu









Comments

  1. Honoured and excited to have you as a bridesmaid missy!! Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts