Every job has its perks... especially cake.

Today's blog is a homage to all things sweet! 


What better thing than coming home to see that your beauitful mum has baked you your favourite cake. These are my mum's raspberry and white chocolate brownies- goey, sweet milky bar chocolate, sharp raspberries and extremely moreish. 
My mum has had many cooking triumphs to date and in fact she is a bit of a legend for munchable items in the kitchen. Other favourites to date are mums chewy chocolate flapjacks and the most amazing rocky road fridge cakes with digestives and squishy marshmallows. :) 
Thanks mum.. you are an absolute legend! xx

I'm not gonna lie, I like food. 
No, i really like food. 
I like sweets
I like chocolate
I like cake...

No forget all that, I FRIGGIN LOVE FOOD!!! Especially most things that are bad for me. So its a great thing when you work for a local newspaper.

First of all, that coffee morning or cake stall or fundraising lunch is usually ran by some extremely dedicated member of the community, who puts all their free time into organising their events for the benefit of others. I love being able to put these incredibly community minded people in the spotlight, so people who walk past them every day can say 'hey- there's the lady who raised all that money for Cancer Research UK' or 'there's the guy who ran a marathon for the local hospital.'

Secondly, I love the fact that when i go to these fundraisers, I get lots of tea and cake. I have to thank the many WI ladies who no matter what I say, will always send me away with cake or a meringue or a cream tea in a little tupper ware container. In the past I have even had a soup and crumble lunch, which I must say was an event I am looking forward to covering again. 

There's something about a cup of tea and a slice of cake. A British quirk. Its amazing how that one cup can stop some tears from falling and that one forkful of lemon drizzle can give you one big tummy cuddle. 

So cheers to sweet treats for making the world feel like a better place!  




Comments

Popular Posts